I hoped to have five parallel sets of fibres in this work, the same as the previous ones. However, due to logistical reasons, i.e. I did not have enough fiber, this was reduced to four. Note also that there was no additional “cocoon” available. These two factors mean it is not as I had hoped, but one has to work within constraints, and the “cocoon” in the first two was, if I am being honest, an accidental find rather than something deliberately planned. But, as accidents go, I think the “cocoon” works extremely at adding to the piece.
Of the three pieces that I made, I am not sure whether this one works as well as the other two. More experimentation is needed to determine whether this path is one to pursue.comments powered by Disqus