For the upcoming group show at Chelsea SU, I’ve prepared a set of EA’s — Epreuve D’Artiste — for use within it. I have no idea what anybody else will be submitting. So I decided to provide a spread of work, and hope that Sharon and Donald will be able to curate as few of many of these these within the rest to come upon with something cohesive.
Cue a mad dash to select some artworks, print them out, package them, and rush them to the courier.
As I have a time constraint, I’ve decided to recycle the templates I used for the November Pop-Up, but adjust slightly: instead of presenting work as triptychs combined onto a single print, they will be triptychs but as separate prints. Although this takes up more room it will allow them to be configured either vertically or horizontally, and even to be split up completely reconfigured. The idea is to provide some flexibility but still group related works together.
My curation process involved looking at the work I have recently made, selecting items, then juggling them around into what I think is a cohesive set (based on my own personal qualitative aesthetic). The principal result is three triptychs, and two “outsiders”.
This is my image that Nathalie used for the promotional material.
I was somewhat surprised at how easily I was able to select the artworks and that they naturally fell into triptychs. However, what took considerably longer, was getting each one right… because I wasn’t simply showing the raw artwork, but instead cropped it, and in a few cases did more post by filtering the work. If I’m being brutally honest filtering (cropping excepted) can be a bit passée… but if done right it certainly adds… as I’m rushing too get these EA’s out the door I don’t have time to stand back and consider…
The good news is that my package has arrived safely in London. Posted 1730. Arrived the next day at 1040.comments powered by Disqus